Your Privacy is important to us
“Site” means and includes any and all websites maintained by Oportun, Inc. (formerly known as Progreso Financiero), its affiliates or agents. The terms “we,” “us,” or “our”, as used on this website, mean and include Oportun, Inc., its affiliate or agents. The term “you” refers to you as an individual person accessing any Site.
What types of information do we collect on this Site?
In addition to any information you choose to submit to us when using the Site (including personal information), we and our third-party service provides may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using technology that may be downloaded to your personal personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with the Site. This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within our Site you visit and your activities there, including remembering you, the frequency and duration of your use, and your preferences;
- Your Device location;
- Your Device characteristics; and
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day, and the address of the website from which you entered the Site, among other information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small files containing alphanumeric characters that are used to identify your computer’s browser. We may send one or more Cookies to your computer to monitor your experience on the Site, and to allow us to improve the Site to better serve our customers and other users. Cookies may also be used to improve the security of the Site. No personally identifiable information about you, such as your name or social security number, is embedded in these Cookies.
A Web Beacon is an electronic image (1×1 .gif) located within a certain web page. In some cases, we may use a Web Beacon to analyze traffic and transactions on this Site. No personally identifiable information about you, such as your name or social security number, is collected by any of our Web Beacons.
Your browser should allow you to manage Cookies, and it may allow you to manage Web Beacons, used by various websites. However, if your browser’s settings are too restrictive you may not be able to use all of the features of a website, including this Site.
Additional information about tracking technologies
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information such as Cookies and Web Beacons (as described above) (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). There may be other Tracking Technologies now and later devised that are used by us in connection with the Site. We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Strictly Necessary. We may use Tracking Technologies that we consider are strictly necessary to allow you to use and access our Site, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of point redemption functionality.
- Performance Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the activities, content, products or services offered through the Site.
- Functionality Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you use our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Site.
- Targeting Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests in the Site and third party services based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
Can I confirm that the information Oportun collects is correct?
- Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If you ever have questions or issues with the accuracy of your nonpublic personal information, please contact us at the following phone number or write us at the following address:1-866-488-6090, Oportun, Inc., P.O. Box 4085, Menlo Park, CA 94026. We will promptly investigate your concerns and update our records as needed.
- We request that you keep your information as up to date as possible so that you may get the maximum benefit from us. In particular, please make sure that you inform us of e-mail address changes since this is the most rapid way to communicate.
How is information collected on this Site protected?
- We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We authorize our employees to access your information only when they need it to do their work, and we require companies that work for us to protect your information.
- Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security number) to us.
Am I protected when linking to other sites?
- At our discretion, we may include or offer links to third party Internet websites, banner ads or advertisements for the convenience of users in locating information, products and services that may be of interest. If you use those linked Internet websites or advertisements, you may leave this Site and go to websites that we do not control. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Third parties that have content embedded on our Site may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Site from a certain IP address.
What do we disclose to third parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and secure.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do We Collect Information about Children?
- We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from our Site about children under the age 13. We request that persons under the age of 18 not use our Site without supervision from a responsible adult. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, notify parents, or seek parental consent.
Effective Date: 9/23/2015
Copyright 2015, Oportun, Inc. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved worldwide. We may change these terms at any time and update them on this site and/or by other means as required.